WATER RESCUE Cabinet
The Water Rescue cabinet was designed, in association with Avon Fire & Rescue together with Bath City Council, to combat the growing problem of life buoy theft and vandalism. The stainless steel cabinet features a flashing solar powered lamp and a key coded entry system. The cabinet will ensure that the rescue equipment inside cannot be damaged or stolen and that it will be there in an emergency. This short video demonstrates its use: click here
The following advice is given, should you see someone in the river:
– Dial 999 and ask for “Fire” – DO NOT enter the water.
If you can see a cabinet, you can help:
– Give the Fire Service the location reference on the front of the cabinet.
– The Fire Service will give you the code for the key pad to open the cabinet.
– Inside you’ll find a yellow rescue buoy with a rope attached.
– Hold the end of the rope and throw the buoy to the person in the water. Keep hold of the rope until help arrives.
River Avon, Bath; Sailing Lake, StevenageDimensions
Metric length 255mm | width 255mm | height 2115mm
Imperial length 10″ | width 10″ | height 6’11½”