The Camden bench evolved from award winning designs developed for Camden Council. It tackles today’s street seating needs, e.g. being as inclusive as possible whilst resisting criminal and anti-social behaviour:
– A safer place to sit: the recesses (front and back) allow the public to store bags behind their legs out of reach of opportunistic thieves; while the lack of slots and crevices deters those wishing to stash drugs.
– A cleaner place to sit: there are no flat surfaces or crevices where litter usually accumulates. The surface is specially treated to repel dirt, water, graffiti and fly-posters.
– A more inclusive place to sit: the gentle undulations provide seating at different heights offering the perfect perch for every passer-by. Observations have shown that the Camden bench encourages more seat sharing than other, more traditional, designs.
– Easy to relocate: the bench needs no anchoring; built-in lifting eyes allow easy resiting by truck crane (e.g. away from problem areas).
– Vehicle Security Barrier: An HMV (Hostile Vehicle Mitigation) version is available which has achieved a BSi PAS 68 rating.
The honed concrete Camden bench is available in a variety of finishes.
Great Queen St, Camden; High Holborn, CamdenDimensions
Metric length 2700mm | width 550mm | height 650mm
Imperial length 8’10” | width 1’9″ | height 2’1″